6-Slices whole wheat bread with crust removed
1-Green capsicum,halved and seeded
1-Yellow capsicum, halved and seeded
1-Red onion, finely chopped
1/2cup-Low fat cheddar cheese,grated
1tsp-Dried mixed herbs
Ground black pepper to taste
Salt to taste
1. Spread bread with the margarine and cut each slice into four triangles.
Place capsicum on a rack and broil for 10minutes under the grill until slightly blackened.
Place the capsicums in a polythene bag with tongs, seal and let cool.peel the skins and discard.
Slice the capsicum into thin strips.
2. Layer the bread, peppers,tomatoes,onion,greenchillies and half of the cheese in a large ,shallow ovenproof dish.
3. Mix the eggs and milk together with herbs, salt and pepper to taste and pour over the bread.Allow to sit for 30minutes.
4. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the dish and season.
5. Bake in the oven at 160'c for 45minutes untill set and risen,serve hot.
NOTE: This can be prepared with leftover bread and vegetables