Palak paneer is one of the favourite dish of my family, it is a authentic Punjabi dish also known as saag paneer.
It has been known for generations that spinach was good for you, but it is really only over recent decades that the proof has mounted up that spinach is packed with benefitical nutrients. According to nutritionists this dark green leafy vegetable, along with others of similar colour, is among the healthiest of all foods. There are not many foods that have such a rich source of nutrients such as vitamin C, iron, beta carotene and calcium, as spinach. With such nutrients, spinach is blessed with health benefits that are difficult to ignore.Always cook spinach without closing the lid,because it contains some volatile substances which turns green colour to brown.So it needs to escape.
Onion chopped -1
Salt To taste
Spinach- 1 bunch
- Wash & drain the water from Spinach. Chop them coarsely.
- In a pan bring to boil for 8 minutes,Cool & grind them coarsely to Paste.
- In the pan heat the oil, fry onions till translucent,add tomatoes,sugar and greenchilli cook until they become soft.
- Add Gingergarlicpaste & fry, mix all the spice powders and salt except garam masala & stir.
- Fry the paneer cubes in ghee and add the Paneer cubes cook for 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle garam masala and stir gently.
- Serve Garnished with Cream on top.